Mouth Guards for Edmonton Patients
Do you wake up in the morning with a sore jaw? Do your teeth seem to be wearing down? If yes is your answer to either question, you may have a problem with teeth grinding, also called bruxism. While occasional teeth grinding isn’t a big deal, frequent teeth grinding is a serious problem that can lead to many dental and health issues.
Bruxism has many causes—from stress to smoking to drinking alcoholic or caffeinated drinks—but it also has many treatments. If you rely on the dentists at Janz Family Dental, we can help you minimize your pain from teeth grinding and prevent harmful problems to your teeth.
Ways Our Dentists Can Help with Teeth Grinding
Because grinding often happens while you’re sleeping, you may not even realize you’re doing it. The most common signs that you’ve been grinding or clenching your teeth in your sleep include:
- Dull, constant headaches
- Sore or tight jaw muscles
- Loved ones hearing grinding sounds
- Worn down teeth
- Long-lasting facial pain
- Occasional swelling near your lower jaw
A cosmetic dentist in Edmonton will be able to help you repair any damage bruxism may have caused. Cosmetic services such as bridges, veneers and dentures can all be used to repair or replace teeth that have been damaged from teeth grinding. For these services, you can rely on Janz Family Dental. Our team is experienced in a wide range of cosmetic services to help you maintain a beautiful smile.
Additionally, if you have a cracked, chipped or broken tooth from excessive teeth grinding, an emergency dentist can help. Our general dentists offer emergency dental in Edmonton so that anyone experiencing tooth pain or other dental emergencies can get help as quickly as possible.
Try Mouthguards to Prevent Teeth Grinding
Mouthguards offer various benefits to those who wear them, especially when they are custom-fit to your mouth. Custom mouthguards provide the optimal safety and comfort. They can protect you from bruxism as well as sport injuries to the mouth. At Janz Family Dental, we create custom mouthguards for wear during sleep and sport.
- Night guards: If you grind your teeth at night, you could be causing extensive and irreversible damage to your teeth and jaw. One of the solutions to grinding is wearing a night guard when you go to sleep. Our custom night guards that are designed from your teeth impressions. They are made from an acrylic material and are used to minimize any grinding action as you sleep.
- Sports guards: One of the risks of playing a contact sport is having your teeth knocked out, chipped or damaged. You can protect against these problems with a custom sports guard designed by Janz Family Dental. Our custom mouth guards provide a better fit than what you would buy at your local sporting goods store, which allows our sports guards to protect your teeth better.
Custom mouthguards not only protect your teeth against injury; they can help prevent neck injuries, broken jaws and possibly concussions. Because some contact sports may cause you to clench your teeth or bite down suddenly, sometimes a thicker mouthguard is necessary for better protection. Thus, our mouthguards are available in varying thicknesses to suit your needs.
If you’re interested in learning more about our mouthguards or would like to schedule an appointment for cosmetic or emergency dental care, please contact us