Emergency Dentist Services in Edmonton from Our General Dentists
Time is of the Essence in a Dental Emergency
If you have unbearable pain in your mouth or you’ve lost a tooth in an accident, you need emergency dental care. When you need an emergency dentist in Edmonton, call the general dentists at Janz Family Dental. We offer emergency dental care for everything from tooth pain to chipped teeth.
Whether you’ve knocked out a tooth, filling or crown or are suffering from a painful toothache, don’t endure the discomfort any longer than you have to. Because we understand that the longer you wait, the worse your condition could end up becoming, our dentists in Edmonton will attend to your needs as quickly as possible – often the same day. When you have a dental emergency, time is of the essence. Call us right away
!Common Dental Emergencies & What to Do
At Janz Family Dental, we offer comprehensive emergency dental care for all teeth, including wisdom teeth, broken teeth and chipped molars. We can fix an accident that requires replacing, re-positioning or splinting teeth, as well as any sort of emergency pain, root canals or fillings.
Prior to visiting a dentist for emergency care, there are steps you can take to minimize your discomfort. Read the tips below about common dental emergencies so you know what to do to relieve pain and ensure your teeth can be repaired properly.
- Toothache: If you’re experiencing extreme pain, contact a dentist for emergency care. In the meantime before your appointment, you can take over-the-counter pain relievers to reduce pain.
- Swelling: Mouth swelling is often due to an infection in your teeth or gums. After calling a dentist and setting up an appointment, you can put a cold compress on your cheek outside the swollen area to reduce pain. At your appointment, your dentist will provide you with treatments and antibiotics as needed.
- Lost crown: Make an emergency dental appointment immediately. Crowns protect a sensitive area of your tooth where a cavity was removed, so you may experience pain. Prior to getting the crown re-cemented into place, chew a piece of sugar-free gum and use it to stick the crown back over your tooth so nothing gets inside your tooth and causes more problems.
- Broken denture: Never attempt to repair a broken denture on your own, as this can lead to more damage. Instead, contact your dentist immediately and set up a repair appointment.
- Knocked out teeth: If you protect your tooth properly and make an emergency appointment with your dentist soon enough, you can save your knocked out tooth. First, locate the tooth that has been knocked out and clean it. If the area in your mouth isn’t too swollen, you can place the tooth back in its socket. If you can’t do this, place the tooth in a container of milk to keep it moist. If you’re in pain, take a pain reliever and use a cold compress on your cheek.
- Chipped teeth: Treat chipped teeth similarly to knocked out teeth. Find the missing piece and put it in a container of milk until you go to your emergency dental appointment. If you cannot find the missing portion of your tooth, your dentist will provide you with other solutions to repair the fracture.
Call Our Edmonton Emergency Dental Clinic
Should you experience a dental emergency, be sure to call an emergency dentist in Edmonton. For emergency dental care, call our general dentists at 780-484-8573 immediately. Our clinic at 10470 Mayfield Rd NW in Mayfield Square is open Monday through Saturday to meet all your family’s dental needs.