Identify yourself and explain the purpose of the call, which is to determine whether there are any special considerations for their dental appointment. Have the patient answer the following questions.
1. Do you have a fever or have felt hot or feverish anytime in the last 10 days?
2. Do you have any of these symptoms: New or worsening cough? New or worsening shortness of breath? Difficulty breathing? Sore throat or painful swallowing? Runny nose?
3. Have you experienced a recent loss of smell or taste?
4. Have you been in contact with any confirmed COVID-19 positive patients, or persons self-isolating because of a determined risk for COVID-19?
5. Have you returned from travel outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
6. Have you returned from travel within Canada from a location known affected with COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
7. Is your workplace considered high risk?
8. Are you over the age of 65?