The Importance of Regular Dental Cleanings – Advice from Your Family Dentist in Edmonton
Neglecting to take care of your mouth and teeth can lead to a number of oral health problems.
Visiting your family dentist in Edmonton on a regular basis is the best way to keep your teeth and gums clean, your breath fresh and your overall health in great shape.
Top Reasons to See Your Family Dentist in Edmonton Regularly
- It can prevent gum disease. By keeping the tissues around your teeth clean, you can protect against bad breath and gum infection. You will also reduce your chances of bone and tooth loss. Gum disease can be reversed and treated if detected early, which is why it’s important to visit your dentist for check-ups and cleanings at least twice a year.
- It can detect oral cancer. Particularly if you are a smoker, you should visit your dentist regularly to be screened for oral cancer, which can be deadly if not caught early.
- It can prevent cavities. Plaque and tartar, the leading cause of tooth decay, will eat away at your tooth’s enamel, which can lead to cavities. Your dentist can effectively remove the plaque and tartar in and around your teeth to help prevent tooth decay and holes in your teeth.
- It can help you keep your teeth. If you suffer from a severe case of gum disease, plaque can damage the bone in your jaw, loosening your teeth and causing them to fall out. Your dentist will help control plaque buildup and prevent it from penetrating beneath the teeth.
- It can give you a brighter smile. Certain foods and drinks will darken your teeth, which can lower your self-confidence and prevent you from smiling. Your dentist can effectively remove stains as they appear.
- It can freshen your breath. Practicing good oral hygiene, including deep cleaning procedures will help ensure a healthy mouth and fresh breath.
- It’s good for your overall health. An unhealthy mouth can lead to a number of health problems, including stroke and cardiovascular disease. Studies show that getting your teeth cleaned on a regular basis can help reduce your risk of developing serious health conditions.
- Set an example for your children. If you want your children to understand the importance of good oral health, teach them at a young age. Take them with you when you visit the dentist for a cleaning, so they can see how well you do. Also, be sure to schedule their appointment as soon as their first tooth comes in to help them develop good oral care habits at a young age.
- Save money. Staying on top of your oral hygiene now can help you avoid costly dental work later.
Practicing good oral hygiene and having regular dental check-ups and teeth cleanings play an important role in maintaining a healthy smile. When you schedule your annual routine exam and x-rays with Janz Family Dental, we will check for issues such as cavities and infections. Using proper scaling techniques, we are able to effectively remove plaque buildup and unsightly stains from your teeth caused by aging and certain foods and drinks.
For a thorough dental cleaning by your local family dentist in Edmonton, contact Janz Family Dental today. We are currently accepting new patients. Call us at 780-484-8573 to schedule your appointment or contact us online with your questions.